PostgreSQL - Object-relational database management system
PostgreSQL, often called Postgres for short, is a free, object-relational database management system. It meets all requirements of a data management system, is extensible and at the same time free of license costs.
Since PostgreSQL is very close to Oracle in language and structure, porting is easy to implement.
TEAM supports you both in the migration and
subsequent operation of your databases.
Reduce your database costs and rely on PostgreSQL!
Our features for you
- Open source license: can be installed, used and modified free of charge
- SQL-compliant database
- Extension with self-defined data types, operators and functions possible
- Flexible full text search
- Comprehensive transaction concept
- Efficient execution of simultaneous database accesses
- Good language support of e.g. C, C++, Java, Perl, PHP, Phyton, etc.
- High availability, including replication to distribute data across multiple servers
- Standby database: archives all transactions on the standby servers working in recovery mode
- Point in time Recovery
We support you with the following tasks:
- Operation incl. 24×7 hotline
- Incident Management
- Migration from other DBMS to PostgreSQL
- Backup und recovery – strategies and implementation
- Update- und Patch Management
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Consulting regarding infrastructure and migration
Comparison Oracle – PostgreSQL
|Information||Widely used, generally applicable RDBMS||Widespread, generally usable Open Source RDBMS|
|Database model||object-relational databases||object-relational databases|
|Operating systems||Unix-Derivate, Linux, Windows||Unix-Derivate, Linux, Windows|
|Transaktionslogging||yes – REDO||yes – WAL|
|Multitenant Architecture||yes (Enterprise Edition only)||yes|
|Authorization concept||finely adjustable user concept possible||finely adjustable user concept possible|
|Standby database||yes (Enterprise Edition only)||yes|
|Procedural languages||PL/SQL||PL/pgSQL + other languages|
|In-Memory Function||yes (Enterprise Edition only)||no|
|Partitioning||Different methods of partitioning (Enterprise Edition only)||Partitioning as Range, List and Hash|
*ACID: atomicity, consistency, isolation und durability
*Concurrency concept: support for simultaneous execution of data changes